On July 10, 2009, in Aquila, presidents of OSCE Minsk Group co-chairing countries adopted a statement revealing the gist of the so-called Madrid basic principles of Artsakh problem regulation.
We believe these principles are pernicious to the Republic of Armenia, Artsakh and the Armenian people. Surrender of the territories that are integral part of Nagorno-Karabakh Republic and ensure the only real and not “paper” guarantees of the security of the Republics of Nagorno-Karabakh and Armenia, the return of the so-called Azerbaijani refugees to Artsakh, as well as stationing of other than Armenian armed forces on the territory of Artsakh radically contradict the interests of the Armenian people, undermine the country’s defense system and jeopardize the future of the Armenian statehood.
We strongly condemn;
– The fact of concealment of the Madrid principles by the authorities of the Republic of Armenia
– The continued participation of the Armenian officials in the negotiations round principles that contradict our national interests
– The Republic of Armenia foreign minister Edward Nalbandyan’s statement of July 11, where he welcomes the aforementioned anti-Armenian statement of the heads of MG co-chairing countries
From RA President Serge Sargsyan we demand
– Immediate dismissal of RA foreign minister Edward Nalbandyan
– Cessation of participation in negotiations that are destructive for the Republic of Armenia and Artsakh
– Forbearance from signing evidently anti-Armenian documents
– Acting henceforth only for the interests of the Armenian statehood and with valor typical to the Armenian people
More than 150 bloggers already signed it.