Today, in front of the Georgian embassy in Yerevan, Armenia. In response to regular desecrations, vandalism and attempts (often successful) to appropriate Armenian churches by Georgian clerics.
More about the vandalism of the Georgian priest Rev. (sic!) Tariel:
Filed under armenia, world
Finally we got a reaction from our Apostolic Church.
The Armenian Apostolic Church (AAC) condemns the actions of the Georgian clergy in Norashen Church in Tbilisi, head of Holy Echmiadzin’s press office, father Vahram Melikyan told a PanARMENIAN.Net reporter.
“We are hopeful that the Georgian church hierarchy will prevent further “initiatives” of father Tariel Sikinchelashvili,” he said.
On November 16, Georgian monk Tariel Sikinchelashvili instructed workers to raze to the ground the graves of Mikhail and Lidia Tamamshev.
This barbarian act outraged Armenians, who demanded to let the graves in their place. However, Father Tariel responded with harsh statements.
Upon arrival of representatives of the Armenian Apostolic Church and parliament member Van Bayburt, the Georgian monk said he just wanted to replace the gravestones to “clean under them.”
Policemen have filed a formal report about the incident.
A representative of Georgian Ombudsman also arrived at the site.
Watch video of barbarian act.
When your patience is exhausted
Varouzhan Karapetyan was the person in charge of military affairs in the European office of ASALA. In 1983, he was arrested in France after the terrorist act organized in the French airport “Aurles” and was sentenced to life imprisonment. Eighteen years after serving his sentence in France, V. Karapetyan was released. On April 24, 2001 he came to Armenia, settled in his homeland, and now lives in Dilijan, in a house he has built on his own.
“My patience is exhausted. Those who rob others of their glory have increased in number, and they abuse the human sacrifice. It’s now time to speak and tell the truth,” VAROUZHAN KARAPETYAN said in an exclusive interview to “Hayots Ashkharh”.
….. And one of such foxes is the criminal who introduces himself as Sargis Hatspanyan.”
“Who is, after all, Sargis Hatspanyan who currently acts as a ‘pro-Levon activist’”? What does he have to do with the Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia?”
“When we were arrested, Sargis Hatspanyan was one of the time-servers who took advantage of our status. He came to the independent state of Armenia, introduced himself as a fighter and even the leader of the Armenian Secret Army for the Liberation of Armenia and speculated the most sacred patriotic sentiments of our people.
Hatspanyan was a mysterious nature. His real surname was Ekmedjyan. When living in France, he speculated the fact of bearing the same surname as martyr hero Levon Ekmekdjyan but as a matter of fact, he had no relationship with either Levon or our army. In this way, he managed to organize several donations in the Diaspora. He extorted and realized the sums that were collected with the purpose of providing aid to the arrested freedom fighters as well as assisting in the war of Artsakh.
As we know, the members of the NA interim committee dealing with the investigation of the March 1-2 incidents and their causes recently visited the Police military unit No. 10/33 with the purpose of meeting with the commanders and finding out the circumstances of the death of Tigran Abgaryan, a serviceman who was injured during the March 1-2 incidents and passed away 40 days later.
Commander of the military unit Arsen Galstyan gave the committee members a thorough description on the number of the servicemen of the unit, the main tools of their armament and the process of the activities of the demonstrators and servicemen. He pointed out that on March 1, around 7 o’clock in the morning, the detachment consisting of 200 servicemen was deployed in the neighborhood of the opera; at that time, the territory was already cleared of the demonstrators.
The servicemen were already armed with individual tools of protection, rubber clubs, anti-attack shields and plastic helmets. Their armament consisted of special chemical means and bullets with gas grenades (“Tcheryomoukha 4”, “Tcheryomoukha 7”, “Siren-6” and 6 karabin rifles – KS-23, that were envisaged for shooting highly explosive shells filled with gas).
Moscow Region, Castle Mayendorf
The Declaration of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Armenia and the Russian Federation
Presidents of Azerbaijan, Armenia and the Russian Federation, met on November 2nd, 2008 in Moscow at the invitation of President of the Russian Federation,
subject and content discussed in an atmosphere of constructive state and prospects of settling the Nagorny Karabakh conflict by political means, through the continuation of direct dialogue between Azerbaijan and Armenia through the mediation of Russia, the United States and France as Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group,
1. Declare that will help improve the situation in South Caucasus and the establishment of regional stability and security through a political settlement of the Nagorny Karabakh conflict on the basis of the principles and norms of international law and adopted in the framework of decisions and documents, which will create favorable conditions for economic development and all-round cooperation in the region.
2. Reaffirm the importance of continuing the Co-Chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group mediation efforts with regard to their meetings with the parties in Madrid on 29 November, 2007 and subsequent discussions with a view to further developing the basic principles of a political settlement.
3. Agree that a peaceful settlement must be accompanied by a legally binding international guarantees all its aspects and stages.
4. Note that the Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia have agreed to continue the work, including through further contacts on the summit to agree a political settlement of the Nagorny Karabakh conflict and instructed their Ministers of Foreign Affairs to intensify further steps in the negotiation process in conjunction with the Co-Chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group.
5. I is important to encourage the creation of conditions for the implementation of confidence-building measures in the context of efforts to resolve.
Filed under armenia, world
Vik Darchinyan did it!
The right cross and left hook in the 9th round knocked-out Mijares.
All three judges had the same points – 79-72, which means that Mijares has won only one round of 9.
Vik got 3 belts (IBF, WBO, WBC) and ranked first in the history of boxing absolute champion in super flyweight